Sunday, April 8, at 16.00, Casa Modigliani (Palazzo Montani – Piazza Fontana) will host the presentation of the photo book RITRATTI IN BIANCO E NERO. 50 anni di Spoleto negli scatti d’autore di Virgilio Massani (PORTRAITS IN BLACK & WHITE. 50 years of Spoleto in the shots of author Virgilio Massani) published by Carta Bianca.
The exhibition 50 YEARS IN 50 AUTHOR SHOTS will also be inaugurated.
The event is included in the program of Le Quattro Stagioni – Primavera in Spoleto, by the Municipality of Spoleto.
The 20-year-old spring bike ride by MTB Club Spoleto and CT Spoleto Bike returns.
Wednesday 25 April, the ride will cover the first part of the Spoleto – Norcia railroad, till Caprareccia, where refreshments will be offered to the participants.
Meeting will be at 8.00 at the beginning of the former railroad, by the former hotel Il Barbarossa. Start is scheduled for 9.30. On the occasion, it will be possible to register for the SpoletoNorcia in MTB of 1-2 Septmeber 2018.
The bike ride is 6,5 km.
In case of bad weather “La Spoleto in Bici” will be delayed to Sunday 29 April.
Mobile 393 23.33.292
Spoleto a Colori returns from 29 April to 1 May 2018, with a schedule of events for all ages.
SUNDAY 29 APRIL
Aperitive from 18:00 to 21:00
by the Chiostro di San Nicolò, live music and dj
MONDAY 30 APRIL
Streetart, then Metamorphosis.
• Workshop “Mettiamoci all’OPERA… Creando” from 16:00 to 20:00 in Piazza Pianciani
• Inflatables, Auditorium della Stella from 15.30
• Street artists from 15:30 (Corso Garibaldi, Piazzetta dell’Erba, Via Portafuga, Torre dell’Olio, Via Salaria, Via Minervio, Piazza del Mercato)
• Mega Baloon Show from 23.00 in Piazza del Mercato
• “METAMORPHOSIS: between history and technology” from 23:30 to 03:00 at the “Rocca Albornoziana” featuring Radio 105’s “LO ZOO” .
TUESDAY 1 MAY
• CREAttività presents “L’Isola che non c’è” at the public gardens in Viale Trento e Trieste: workshops for children aged 0-99.
• COLORbaby from 15:00 to 18:30 with many attractions for the youngest (animation, inflatables, street artists, sport, pony, agility dog)
• COLORmob: the first event in Italy featuring color powder, to have a great time with friends and family.
Starts at 18:00 until 20:30 at the “Ex ferrovia Spoleto-Norcia” parking lot.
All info on www.spoletoacolori.it
The exhibition The Hidden Theatre. A story in images is a collection of unpublished photographs dating back to the years of the discovery of the Roman Theatre of Spoleto and its unearthing, from 1938 to 1960.
The exhibition, promoted by the Polo Museale dell’Umbria – Museo Archeologico e Teatro Romano di Spoleto, in collaboration with Astra onlus and the Archivio di Stato di Perugia, section of Spoleto, shows photographs coming from the Accademia Etrusca di Cortona and from the archive of the Museo Archeologico Nazionale dell’Umbria. The exhibition reveals unpublished aspects of the discovery of the Roman theatre and the transformation of the complex of S.Agata from a judicial prison (1867-1957) to a museum.
The history of the monastery of S. Agata – already known thanks to the research of G. Curti, S. Di Sante Coaccioli, S. Gubbiotti, resulting in the 2011 documented book “The Roman Theatre and the former monastery of S.Agata. Chronicle of its transformations” – is now enriched by photographs taken by the then inspector archaeologist Umberto Ciotti, who documented every step of the demolition and excavation work.
Polo Museale dell’Umbria
Piazza Giordano Bruno 10 – Perugia – tel. 075 5759612
National Archaeological Museum and Roman Theatre of Spoleto
Via Sant’Agata 18A – tel. 0743 223277