CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ALL THE SCHEDULED EVENTS
Spoleto is a “theatre city”, a place open to all forms of artistic expression in which piazzas, theatres and palaces live again in their beauty thanks to the various events organized there all year long.
Because of the richness of its artistic heritage and availability of theatres, in 1958 Spoleto was chosen by M° Gian Carlo Menotti to host his Festival of Two Worlds, an extraordinary event, absolutely innovative in its will to give voice to all forms of artistic expression, from theatre to dance, from classical music to the contemporary, passing through cinema and science. The Festival of Two Worlds, for many years a unique such event in Italy, has always been featuring the greatest names from the international artistic panorama and attracting visitors from all over the world. The Festival still proposes nowadays works by prestigious directors, choreographers, scenographers and performers, combining the great artistic tradition to the most interesting avantgarde.
Besides the Festival of Two Worlds, Spoleto offers a wide range of important events, including but not limited to the Teatro Lirico Sperimentale A. Belli Opera Season, the Week of Sudies organized by the Centro Studi sull’Alto Medioevo, the International Dance Week, a competition for young promises from all over the world, La MaMa Spoleto Open, a summer performing arts festival, Dolci d’Italia, an event focused on Italian traditional sweets and cakes, Spoleto in Fiore, a colourful market dedicated to flowers, plants and gardening.
- FESTIVAL OF TWO WORLDS
- TEATRO LIRICO SPERIMENTALE A. BELLI OPERA SEASON
- DOLCI D’ITALIA (Sweets Festival)
- EARLY MIDDLE AGES STUDY WEEK
- INTERNATIONAL DANCE WEEK
- LA MAMA SPOLETO OPEN
- STRUMENTI & MUSICA FESTIVAL
- FRANTOI APERTI (Open Oil-Mills)
- EVENTS ORGANIZED BY THE LOCAL PROMOTION ASSOCIATION Spoleto in Fiore (Spoleto flower show) – Ferragosto Spoletino (Mid-August events) – Mostra mercato funghi ed erbe spontanee (Exhibition of mushrooms and wild herbs) – Spoleto, la città in un presepe (Crib exhibition)