Portico of Madonna di Loreto

The 300-m-long portico was built to offer shelter to the believers heading out to the revered image of Madonna di Loreto, kept inside the church by the same name. The richest Spoletan families funded its construction, which took place between the late XVI century and 1802, and their coats-of-arms are painted between the arches.

Address: via Madonna di Loreto

Bibliographic sources

L’Umbria, Manuali per il Territorio, Spoleto, Roma 1978

Pin It