On the other side of the square, in front of Palazzo Collicola there is a fountain, integrated in what was once a Palazzo Collicola’s outbuilding, as shown by elements of the family’s coat-of-arms carved above: three hills and the stars. The whole building was realized by Roman architect Sebastiano Cipriani between 1717 and 1730. The fountain is formed by a basin whose shapes includes narrowings and protrusions; it leans against a concave space where water springs out from a spout on a lion’s protome; on the left side, another cast-iron lion’s protome was added in later years, with a brass spout. A satyre is carved on the arch’s keystone.
Address: Piazza Collicola