Palazzo Ancaiani

It was built in the 2nd half of the XVIIth century by the noble family by the same name that, originally from Ancaiano, had moved to town during the XIIIth century. The lower façade is coated in stone, while elegantly designed windows embellish the piano nobile, aside a balcony supported by columns. The inside, once very rich in paintings, works of art and valuable furniture, now hosts the Post Office and the Centro Studi sull’Alto Medioevo (the Italian Study Centre on Early Middle Ages), an important institution founded in 1951, that organizes yearly congresses on the Early Middle Ages, attracting scholars from all over the world.

Address: Piazza della Libertà

Bibliographic sources
L’Umbria, Manuali per il Territorio, Spoleto, Roma 1978

Pin It