Palazzo Racani Arroni

The palace, built in the early XVIth century, originally belonged to the Racanis, outstanding Spoletan family, but between the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries it passed under the families Brancaleoni and Arroni. It lines the right side of the stairs that go down to the cathedral and shows a grey façade embellished by extraordinary, yet ruined graffiti, probably done by local artist Giovanni da Spoleto not any later than 1625. The palace, that represents one of the best evidences of Renaissance art in Spoleto, still shows its inner court featuring a very beautiful nymphaeum; it is now the property of the University of Perugia.

Address: via dell’Arringo/Piazza Duomo

Bibliographic sources
L’Umbria, Manuali per il Territorio, Spoleto, Roma 1979

exterior pics by Menghini; interior pics by Castignani

Pin It